The Stanton Lions Club was chartered on December 8, 1947. It was formed by a group of concerned Business Men who wanted to make the community a better place. Work soon commenced on building a community center and park. The Lions Community Clubhouse gave community groups a place to meet and was equipped with a kitchen. Local leaders gave helped the lions build the Clubhouse. Walter Knott loaned the Lions Club money to cover construction costs, Orco Block donated building materials, and the Lions volunteered their time to construct the clubhouse. Our Clubhouse was completed in 1951. (Click on pictures to enlarge)
The Clubhouse was the only facility of its kind in the area and hosted community meetings, Boy Scout Meetings, youth group meetings and regional Lion Club meetings for many years. When the community was in need of space for education, it even served as an elementary school classroom.
As the community changed from agricultural to suburban, the lions recognized that children needed a safe place to play. The Stanton Lions provided a two acre park to serve the local children. It had baseball fields and other sports facilities. Soon, however, the lions realized that more could be done with the park to help kids. Thanks to fundraising by the lions, Lion volunteer hours and a donation from the James Irvine Foundation, a youth center was built at Stock Lions Park. See press release page  . As local government began to provide parks and other facilities, the Stock Lions Park and her facilities were sold. The proceeds were used to fund a charitable foundation which gave money to charity. This amounted to more than $300,000.
In 1972 the lions organized Stanton’s first classic car show to raise money for charity. The Lionesses–a woman’s’ group associated with the Stanton Lions–also raised money by holding their annual Christmas Dinner in the Clubhouse. In the late 1980’s the Stanton Lions Club was one of the first to admit Lady Lions into their Lions Club, and the Lionesses merged with the Lions Club.